Cloud enablement leader, Parallels Inc, is announcing the long-awaited availability of its Parallels Bare Metal 4, a hypervisor-based solution, and the Parallels Containers 4.5 for Windows.
The announcement of the new solutions – widely seen as the new “gold” standard for public clouds – closely follows the succesful inaugural cloud-focused Parallels APAC Summit 2009 on 25th Sep 2009 in Singapore, during which the Parallels team shared details of the company’s expansion plans.
Benefits to Cloud Services providers
1. Most profitable and best time-to-market: Drop-in integration into an existing Parallels Container environment
2. Enables widest range of services
* Offer cloud-based mode, replacement to low-end dedicated servers, development environment, server consolidation, bundles and more
* Expand virtualization revenue streams
3. Lowest support and operational costs
* Self-servcie and delegated management tools
* Tools, APIs and CLIs to manage both VMs and Containers
* Streamlined management of mixed environment reduced training time and needs for admin staff
With Parallels new offerings, cloud services providers can choose the best server virtualization approach: Container-based services or hypervisor-based services.
Advantages of the Parallels Server Bare Metal 4
The Parallels Server Bare Metal 4 – which is available from 7th Oct 2009 – has the following advantages:
– Powerful hypervisor for max performance
– Leverages on Intel VT-x and AMD-v technologies*
– Proven solution that leverages Parallels’ award-winning Parallels Virtuozzo containers and Parallels Desktop wth FastLane architecture
– Full-featured solution with complete set of service delivery and life-cycle management tools.
The Parallels Server Bare Metal solution will be available in multiple editions, including:
– Service Providers edition;
– Standard edition (standalone hypervisor) which includes unlimited hypervisorVMs on a single server and the Parallels Virtual Automation license; and
– Advanced edition (combined containers and hypervisors) which includes unlimited hypervisor VMs and unlimited Linux containers and Parallels Virtual Automation license.